Tuesday, Aug 18, 2026
📍 Lahore | ⛅ 38°C | AQI: 4 (Poor)

Three Palestinian Families Remain Under Siege in West Bank Town for 10th Day

Jarida Report

Three Palestinian families remained confined to their homes in the occupied West Bank town of Qusra for a 10th consecutive day on Tuesday, as Israeli occupiers maintained a presence around the properties under the protection of Israeli forces, according to a local official.

The restrictions began on August 9 in Qusra’s Ras al-Ain area, south of Nablus, and have affected around 13 people living in three homes. Residents have faced difficulties obtaining food, water and other essential supplies.

Qusra Mayor Abdul Azim al-Wadi told Anadolu that Israeli forces and occupiers continued to surround the houses, while the families were prevented from freely entering or leaving after the area was designated a “closed military zone.”

Wadi said the occupiers were able to move freely within the restricted area despite the limitations imposed on Palestinian residents.

One of the homeowners, Louay Abu Rida, a US citizen, was able to reach his property on Monday after arriving with an American delegation.

Abu Rida said he had previously been forced to watch the situation affecting his family through surveillance cameras while he was outside the country and unable to reach them.

After returning from the United States, he said he encountered the situation firsthand, with occupiers present near his home despite the deployment of the Israeli army in the area.

The restrictions on the three households remained in place on Tuesday, with no immediate indication of when the families would regain unrestricted access to their homes and essential supplies.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Don’t Miss Our Latest Updates