Thursday, Aug 20, 2026
📍 Lahore | ⛅ 31°C | AQI: 4 (Poor)

Bodies of Two Pakistanis Killed in Houthi Attack Repatriated

Jarida Report

The bodies of two Pakistani sailors killed in a Houthi attack on a commercial vessel in the Red Sea were repatriated from Yemen on Thursday, Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said.

Six other Pakistani sailors who were injured in the attack also returned safely to Pakistan, Dar said in a post on X.

The incident occurred last week when the Houthis attacked a Tanzanian-flagged commercial vessel in the Bab al-Mandeb Strait, killing six people, including three Pakistanis, and injuring 10 others.

Dar’s statement did not provide details about the body of the third Pakistani reported killed in the attack.

The foreign minister said relevant authorities had been instructed to ensure the safe, dignified and swift repatriation of those affected.

He also thanked the Saudi Foreign Ministry for its cooperation, including medical assistance and arrangements provided to the Pakistani sailors in Jeddah.

Pakistan has condemned the attack in the strongest terms, stressing that the safety and security of seafarers must be protected at all times.

Dar said the government remained committed to providing all possible assistance to the injured sailors and the families of those killed.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Don’t Miss Our Latest Updates